[ SHOWGSD-L ] observtions on earthquakes and animals

  • From: SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:00:46 -0400 (EDT)

Kathy Partch asks:
I was wondering if anyone lives at, or near the place where the quake  was
this morning? If so, did you see any forewarning signs from your  animals?
I've heard & have known what animals' sense & can do when  such things
happen.
I reply:
I have made some observations  having lived in Palm Springs for many
years.  Palm Springs and that valley sits over an underground lake so we  felt
large earthquakes as far away as Mexico City.  There is always a lot  of rock
and roll there. Half the time I would not know if it was an earthquake  at a
distance or I was having a spell so would check to see if the pool or
chandelier was swaying.  Only had one under us over 6.

If you feel the shudder but not the noise  it is not under you or  close to
you.  You all in tornado country will recognize that train  sound.

Animals mostly ignore the earthquake if it is not under you or  not
sizeable.

We had a dog who would go into a tizzy about three days before a local
earthquake, he would jump up and look in a panic running in circles. We thought
 he was having some strange attack of something then after several  we put
it together.  He taught me how to read EQs  coming which was an ability I
cannot explain but held that ability for  some years.

If it is under you and sizeable Look for too many missing animal signs  out
up to three days before.  The neighbor dog left three  days before the
larger one and returned three days after.

It was summer for our bigger one.  Lots of noisy dogs and noisy bugs  at
night in summer there temps at night would average 90 degrees.   About 20
minutes before the EQ all animals went silent, even the bugs.

The neighborhood all bailed the houses after the 6.4 at two in the morning
and had a wine party on the street feeling the after bumps and listening to
 the rumbling rest of the night.  Some of us needed a radio or  white noise
on for a long time after that to sleep as every  time the bugs went silent
we would wake up.

The experts pooh pooh this so you can either listen to the experts or be
aware of the animals around you.
Lissa
PS the LA one was itty bitty but still scare the heck out of you.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html