[ SHOWGSD-L ] nursing home and Phoenix

  • From: fran rood <hylock200@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 05:03:04 -0800 (PST)

Jerry and I were coming back home with Champion Wolf Creek'sPhoenix of Merivern
(after collecting him to be shipped) and decided to visit Jerry's 92 year old
mother at the nursing home. She has been suffering from dementia and
Alzheimer's, but recently had to be  put in a nursing home to after suffering
from a broken hip We were talking to the nurses and they wanted to meet Phoenix
and allowed us to BRING HIM IN!!! . We brought him to the room to see his
mother Ruth, and she just lit up when she saw
him come in.she did remember we raised German Shepherds, even tho she did knot
know Phoenix he acted like he was her long lost pet.. Her created quite a stir
with all the old folks(they all
had to come pet and many hugged him) It was joyful to see what an impact he had
on all the people there and the people who were visiting there loved ones,
too....The Staff asked us to bring him back whenever we could...I want to know
if the makes him a THERAPY DOG?????If not you could of fooled me..We will bring
him back whenever we can...
I have to Thank Mary Ann Imhoff and Pat Walker for allowing  Jerry and I to be
a part of a this great dogs career by having him stand at stud here when it is
needed .He really is Pat's house dog..Phoenix is truly what the German
Shepherd  should be in every way.