[ SHOWGSD-L ] now conditioning

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:45:23 EDT

Guys, the afternoons in Texas have been 105 degrees until 7 PM.   Mornings
are almost as bad.  The only way to condition dogs in Texas in the  summer is
by
swimming.  My kennel building's room is 25 ft. up with an air  vent running
across the ridge. The runs are sealed in white epoxy to reflect the  heat (Yes,
it does work)  and most of them are covered for shade.  The  last of the runs
have shade cloth. We have misters and an eight ft. fan at one  end.  The dogs
stay out side for acclimation, so they can go to shows, but  I would not herd
here now.  The fleas are even dead.  VBG
Carol Moore
Carol Moore