[ SHOWGSD-L ] (no subject)

  • From: vprezhmf <vprezhmf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds <pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:45:51 -0600

Back in those "good ole days",most of us had  only German Bred  dogs, So the
fastest way to find the "good,bad & ugly" was to inbred.  The first time I bred
my "Cuno Dog " to his daughter ( German bred also) I was prepared  mentally to
destroy them,if they were deformed or were blues.  Thank goodness all ten pups
were fine. I kept them all until the were 6 months,making sure of
ears,teeth,testicles.Kept two ,but sold all the rest,with tough contracts ..
Looking back,I think I was over cautious ,but better safe than sorry. We all
had to learn the hard way,with the exception of Ernie Loeb and Julius Due. They
knew more about the German lines.. It was a great time-- Helen Miller Fisher

In a message dated 11/24/08 08:55:35 Central Standard Time, Pinehillgsds writes:
But gone are the days w/ big kennels that grew out all of the progeny and
made the tough decisions when one of their close breeding experiments
backfired.