[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:33:08 -0800 (PST)

It was not that bad, but we only made a one way trap so they got out and could
not get back in. sheila
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/6/2006 10:09:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TishWalker5@xxxxxxx writes:
I believe bats can carry rabies so it is probably wise to be careful with
the dogs (as well as people).

Tish

If you get bats in the attic, crawl space or between walls, you are looking
at $$$$$$ to have exterminators get rid of them. Bat "dung", becomes
airborne, YUCK!, can permanently damage your eyes and will cause a respiratory
disease called histoplasmosis, and since the particles of dung are "powdery"
and
so small they get in the heating and ventilation system, often the process
requires stripping the house down to eaves, trashing insulation etc. MEGA
BUCKS! I saw something on TV, then questioned my exterminator about it,
thinking
he'd put my fears to rest, nut noooooooooooo!!!! It's really bad if they
get in, both from a health standpoint and the cost of making the house safe to
live in again. And the guys come dressed with ventilators and in the kind of
suits they use when dealing with asbestos...

My guy checks on his quarterly visits, but he said if there is space enough
for a quarter, a bat can get in, and I guess they tell their extended
family...YUCK!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of GSDC of Greater Miami
Member GSDCA Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training