[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSDCHABLIS@xxxxxxx" <GSDCHABLIS@xxxxxxx>, tokaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, alexmues@xxxxxxxxxxx, joellegsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:27:14 -0500

Bart., thank you for the clarification. I feel that perhaps some( and this
is only a hypothesis) simply wondered why you would have even listed
yourself as handler when Alex was expected to handle the dog all along,
perhaps old habits die hard!However, given the current " mood" with
futurities, people are edgy and at the end of the day, can you blame
them?Certainly you can step outside the situation and see how it might
appear to others. Ulterior motives don't always have to exist to raise some
ones eyebrows. If one person or so was stirring the pot, by pushing this
issue then perhaps your argument would carry more weight, but when others
see it the same way, can we just chalk it all up to ulterior motives?Since
your families live only a stone throw away from each other and share
adjoining property, I do have to admit I am surprised the tiff and Joann
would not have known about your inflamed knee,especially since you had been
unable to show at other shows, however just about the time I say that, I
realize that even in our family communication isn't always what it should
be.Also the fact that all of you were kind enough to attend Joan Ford's
funeral the very same day as the March 16 specialty, I am certain that not
much time or thought was given to dog shows. There is one small  thing that
perplexes me, though and that is that the futurities closed in early March,
maybe March 4? The specialty in question was March 16. Funny how we can
forget things when we are trying to help people out. I am certain that had
you known that Tiff had entered that futurity a couple of weeks before, and
if Tiff had remembered that she had just entered at the MW futurity a
couple of weeks before, she would never have agreed to take the dog in for
you. Nonetheless, good for you for clearing the air. As for issues about
integrity, honesty and being forthright, that sounds like a long
conversation over a "drinky-poo."  Regards, Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

<joellegsd@xxxxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>