[ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: "Cudjoegsd" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:59:33 -0500

Molly, et al,
A hutch is the shelter one raises Rabbits in. As to the term "litter" , when
referring to Rabbits, it is correct.

I , with the help of my family raised a litter of four, found by my Dashund.
They were newly born, not a hair on them, closed eyes, etc. At first , I
thought that they were rats, until I looked at the tail.

They were raised on Esbilac and fed from a tiny bottle and nipple. It was
difficult at first, but they soon took to bottle feeding.

They were very near releasing time, when DD and I went to separate
Futurities.DD got custody of one of the dogs, kids, and rabbits and drove to
one futurity, and I flew off to another. My  Vet was astounded that we raised a
litter of new born wild Rabbits, saying that it was very rare to have them
survive. This was not in his realm of expertise, and advised me to feed them
Esbilac, which I did , and they thrived.  Since this was not the "Day of the
Computer", info was hard to come by, so I and my Vet flew by the seat of our
pants. By four weeks, they were healthy, and eating Rabbit pellets well. Sorry
that we had to subject them to travel, and a change of water ( did not bring
H2O from home). They succumbed to diarrhea and dehydration.

All I can say is, never again. I do care about abandoned wild animals, just too
old and cranky to deal with it. LOL

Bonnie