[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: no german bi or black?

  • From: "Rachel Anderson" <gsdk9rat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:07:24 -0500

----- Original Message -----
"I wonder why the German dogs are not bi's? I am sure there are a few but =
I have never found one in the books. Few sables or blacks as well.  Anyone
know?=0D"
To the German working line world, your dog is not a real dog unless it's sable!
The show world is just as bad about anything but bl/tan (or as german say,
bl/brown, dutch say bl/yellow).

I have tons of all the above. Our founding stud dog was a bi-color, from East
Germany, as was his sire and a number of his siblings. The other main East
German line we kept was from a black dog from east germany.
We've had many black dogs, bi-colors and there are many times I wish I could
get something besides sable out of my litters (kidding, love my sables)
We've got gold sable, brown sable, black sable, red sable, grey, all sables!!!

Rachel & the All Correct Colors Ark
Proud to be an American Working Dog Kennel
http://segensreich.homestead.com
 Aaronswoods-Segensreich
http://www.workingdog.org