[ SHOWGSD-L ] no GSD champions in the near future in the UK...

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:16:11 -0400

This is probably not news to anyone in the U.K., but I was surprised by this
action.

"The Kennel Club has recently completed the overall allocation of
Championship Status for 2012 (published in the August issue of the Kennel
Gazette) but has declined for the time being to allocate Kennel Club
Challenge Certificates for that year to German Shepherd Dogs (Alsatians)
until it has resolved various matters with the GSD fraternity." Read full
statement here:

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/2515/23/5/3

    whatever the "various matters" are, they won't be the same as
ours.........the British Shepherds
are not like ours.........of course, the ones we've seen have a painful
looking gait......

Any Brits/Welsh/Scots on here that want to chip in??????????

Peggy