[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: newbies/oldbies - finding the right breed

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:19:06 -0400

I agree 100%
rude and unfriendly behavior is in the entire sport..............anytime you
have competition, you having breeding grounds for contempt and rudeness.
It's the nature of the beast in any kind of competition.
Fight or flight...................
Fight back and keep progressing and getting better and better dogs and
improve on the breed.....................
or
Flight........ie  quit because you can't take the heat.

Most of us in this sport are the fighters so to speak..........thick skinned
and the will to improve and do better and better!! (Not fight as in be
nasty)

On the positive, I have met so many great people and had so much fun in this
sport that the good outweighs any bad! I do not know where I would be
without this hobby and this great breed in my life. I cannot even imagine
it.
How many times we have laughed till our sides hurt and enjoyed each others
companies so much. Who doesn't have that great anticipation and anxiousness
each time we walk out the door to a show ? It is all my life and i'll take
the good the bad and the ugly any day as opposed to none of it at
all..........Amy

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com