[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: newbies and part of the problem

  • From: Catherine Morton <managsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 05:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

I am probably the poster-child for newbie-ness, but I guess I have been lucky
in
a few different aspects.  I was lucky to find my wonderful mentors, and good
friends, Phil and Georgia Miller, and they've been so patient with all my
stupid
questions and decisions, and they've allowed me to not only get, but breed
really nice dogs.  I've met some great friends, gotten some wonderful advice....
I'm also lucky in that I have had nothing but pretty good experiences ring-side
and even when I handle my dogs myself.  No nasty comments directed toward me,
that I've heard or cared about anyway LOL, I generally carry the ability to
block stuff like that out (takes a lot to get under my skin).

I congradulate others when their dogs beat mine and I get congrats when mine
beat theirs!!   I think everyone thought I was NUTS to celebrate our very first
point EVER, but when will you ever get that First point again? ;-)
Nothing ever comes quickly for me, so forget the instant gratification crap,
and
I'm glad it hasn't, I wouldn't have learned half the stuff I have, which is
still only touching the tip of the iceburg.

The shows I've been to I've seen newcomers treated with respect, helped and
encouraged.  Maybe I live with rose-colored glasses??? If so I am keeping them
on.  Not to say I don't ever see nastiness or pettiness, but those aren't the
people you want to be around anyway, who cares what they think??

Just my after the morning cup of coffee thoughts....

Catherine Morton
Mana Shepherds
http://www.manashepherds.com

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Is this part of our problem?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 07:30:12 -0500

Janet - you could be talking about just about anywhere....things like that
happen in my area as well.  I've found people who are supportive of me and my
dogs, and that is who I spend my time with and around at the shows - but this
stuff goes on in Anyplace, USA.  Don't feel like you're all alone in that!!

Gail Bauman
Liebchen German Shepherds
Home of:
SEL EX CH Liebchen's Boogie Wonderland, OFA EX
Liebchen's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik (major pointed)
Liebchen's Clair De Lune (ch pointed, BOB)