[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: newbie cost of showing

  • From: Kris Kudel <vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:37:59 -0600 (CST)

=====================
From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2006/11/20 Mon PM 04:11:20 CST
To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: newbie cost of showing

It is a good question, but one that would be very hard to answer.  It depends
on so many uncontrolable variables: Quality of animal compared to the
competition on any given day, is the dog to live at the handlers?, how many
dogs does the handler have in his/her string at this time, Show attitude of the
dog in question, of course judging quality too.  All you can say for sure is 1.
what the handler charges to show, cost of boarding, and a very rough estimate
of time to finish.  You always hope to get lucky and do it fast, but, ah, the
best laid plans.  Of course, it is a challenge to find those majors much less
win them when you find them.  I wish it was an easy question to answer.  I
don't even think a good and experienced handler would venture a definate answer
to that question even if he had the dog in front of him.  There are just too
many variables to be accurate.  Cynthia (who is learning this as we speak...lol
  Go Tory Go!!!)

  Thanks to all who have responded so far, I appreciate it.  I know there is
nor "definite", just a round about is what I was looking for.  I appreciate all
the answers!

Kris Kudel
Kamelot
Shepherds      UPDATED http://mysite.verizon.net/krisbob1/