[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new topic judging

  • From: John Ayotte <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:59:49 -0500

While it may be argued that the extended stride of a good moving
German Shepherd is not necessary for the fetching style of herding
that is most familiar to us, when you start looking at tending style
herding where the dogs act as a living fence, patrolling the
boundries of the grazing areas, and moving large flocks along the
roads, its utility becomes more obvious. Since the GSD was originally
developed for tending style herding, the gait is an essential part of
the standard that we must maintain.

John

John Ayotte
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx