[ SHOWGSD-L ] new rules for specialty clubs

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 19:43:23 -0400

There always have been circuits for all-breeds that last five or six days. I
can see two GSDCA clubs getting together and doing 8 shows in four days. But, I
doubt anyone would show the same dogs all four days, or even the same
exhibitors.

If you are smart, you pick your shows by the judge.  We took two bitches to the
last weekend shows, but showed one bitch in two shows each day.  We were right
one fourth of the time. Someone smarter than me, (and that is most everyone),
might be able to pick better.

It sure would end up cheaper to have eight shows to pick from in one week, than
to travel all over to find a major.  We might drive further if we can show
under three or five judges when we get there.

I remember when we first were able to do two shows in one day. It sure sounded
impossible. Then two clubs got together to have four shows in a weekend.  And,
it used to be the fourth show was never a major, since so many people left.
This time in Sacramento we were just short handlers, so I got to take in my own
bitch.  I am not sure that is a good argument either way.

Evan

From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx"
for DMARC)
r DMARC)
Subject: new rules for specialty clubs

Found this very interesting.....a club can have 4 shows if they have 2 a day.
Doesn't look like GSDCA supported specialties will be done with this ruling.
For the clubs that go together.......would you ever do 8 shows in 4 days?  I
know Carolyn's answer after just getting over her show weekend.(grin)

Molly

Update to Limited Number of Events Board Policy:

At the March 2015 meeting, the AKC Board of Directors voted to give local
specialty clubs the option to utilize two calendar days for shows, instead of
hosting just two shows per year. Clubs would be allowed to hold two shows on
each day, resulting in a total of four conformation events per year.
Additionally, it was approved that a local specialty club may hold one
additional show in a calendar year if it is in conjunction with the breed’s
national specialty. The complete policy can be found on the AKC Board Policy
Manual and in the March 2015 Board Minutes. This policy has an effective date
of January 1, 2016.

Regards,
AKC Event Operations