[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new question/ males starting out

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:26:46 EDT

I was told that too.  I started with a male:)  I've never been  sorry; you
see breeders will sell a "better" male to someone just starting  because very
often, they'll want to keep a bitch (or else you get all involved  in tangled
co-ownerships, etc.)

You just do things in reverse; if you have a male you love you go "date
shopping" for him once he's done or close to done.  You can buy, lease,
whatever...then keep his best daughter:)

As far as selling puppies, get involved, get out and about with dogs, look
approachable and you'll have no problem when the time comes:)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 6/12/2008 8:27:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I find  this interesting also.  This is a question I wanted to ask but
didn't want to offend anyone.
I've been told by may show people to get a  female to start a kennel with if
I wanted to bree. I bought two males  instead.   Now I'd glad I have males,
because I'm concerned that I'd  have no one to buy  puppies.