[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new question

  • From: JANGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:13:24 EDT

Sally,

The calls for puppies in the last month for myself have picked up
dramatically.  In the last 24 hours I have had 2 calls.  We do have a solid
black litter
coming up, so some of the calls are for those puppies, but I have started a
waiting list and still have to call the 2 that called yesterday.  I find if I
update my website to when litters are due, the calls follow.  Our last litter
scared me.  I though that I couldn't sell them, but all of the puppies sold
within 30 days (I turned away 2 people I didn't like) and they all got GREAT
homes.  If people cannot afford my price and I do hold firm on the price.  I
tell
them if they are looking for a "cheap" puppy, I will try to educate them that
they will be getting a backyard breeder puppy for that price and tell them
about rescue and how many dogs and puppies need homes.  I send them to Last
Hope
or Rescues here in Illinois.

There is also a great place to advertise FREE on the Internet.  It is called
Kijji (sp).  You get about 10 kooks writing you for every good one, but I sold
2 puppies thru that source.  Sure beats paying the Chicago Tribune prices.  I
have found that Internet advertising is a very good source.  2 of my latest
inquires came from Breeder.net.  Times are changing.  Internet is the way to
go.  Oh, I don't ship puppies (show puppies yes).  Pet buyers must be screened
and come and meet me.  But advertising for local puppy buyers on the Internet
is great.

Janet
_www.JanMarGsd.com_ (http://www.JanMarGsd.com)