[ SHOWGSD-L ] new possible National site...in Virginia

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:49:19 -0400

It's huge...MUCH more room than any dog club would need ...with facilities
on-site for herdiing and anything else the GSDCA might want to do.

I am sure it would be costly...BUT there are two all breed shows scheduled
for January.....and I know that dog club doesn't have more money than our
club.  Probably not as much!!!

Air travel would be to any of several airports -- three of them major
(Baltimore, Washington Reagan (formerly National), and Dulles).........and
there are quite a few smaller but nice airports nearby, too....including
Richmond.

Easy to drive to the Meadow from any of those...anyway, there's apparently a
restaurant facility there, too...   and for those who need more than the
National, you'll not be far from several important memorial sites for the
War Between the States  (Civil War, for you Yankees)..........AND the
weather here in Virginia in the winter is usually fine...the show would be
indoors, of course.  If Kings Dominion is open while our show is on,
that'll take care of lots of people's free time, too!

Website:  (more at other sites, too)  http://www.meadoweventpark.com/

Peggy