[ SHOWGSD-L ] new point schedules have been posted...

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:29:42 -0700

All I am saying is that the point system it's self tell us what we need to
know. Cal and AZ have the highest dog requirement for a 3 point major 12
dogs and 13 bitches. If they are all adults and the entry fee is 30.00 that
is an income of 750.00 to host a show. 750.00 dollars does not a dog show
make.

Oregon is going to the All Breed show in July this year. We will see how it
goes.
Terry
________________________________

I think we foresaw that problem because of our experience in the past. So we
resorted to 'Plusing' the method used by McDonalds and other fast food
chains. They continue to offer their usual stuff but add a few special items
to the menu which are over priced, and then push the plus item. The end is a
nice profit maker.

So this week end we had the shows, and a raffle, and sold hot dogs and so
forth. Evan bought the dogs and the trimmings, did the cooking and sold them
for lunch, donating all of the lunch fees to the clubs. Then the raffle was
very successful. Doris Estabrook's daughter donated a ton of Doris'
treasures and some great pictures and the top of the raffle was a painting
of a GSD herding in a lovely mountain valley. It was painted by none other
than our own Carolyn Martello and brought a handsome price.

The only thing we did not do was take up an offering, although I do know how
to do that. I am not sure if I am at liberty to mention names, but one of
our judges came all the way from the East Coast at their own expense. The
end result is not in yet as Nadine is still working on the final figures,
but it looks like we will not be in the hole for the first time in years.

Personally, It was a show of a lifetime. It was really a good time with good
sportsmanship, and good sportswomanships also. And yes, the dogs and bitches
were some of the best I've seen except for the ones I left at home, of
course!

I really, really enjoyed the time and the friends we have made over the
years.
Dave