[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new neighbors

  • From: "Alycia Partei" <frontiergsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:01:24 -0700

I have new neighbors who moved into my father-in-laws old house.  We live on
some acarage as does everyone around us.  They think they can just let their
dogs run.

I keep my dogs kenneled when I am away at work or other.  They are with me
when I am down at my horses or in the house.  They run loose but never are
more than 50 feet from me chasing a bunny or ....

I caught the neighbors dog fence fighting with Cassie - wrong move;)  Then
trying to dig into see Cassie - way bad;)  I called and talked to them and
told them it was a very bad idea and Cassie is very protective of her 3 year
old boy (my son David.)  They didn't listen!  I was very careful not to let
Cassie out without checking for that damn dog first.

For about a year they didn't listen and I kept calling and complaining.
Once David let Cassie out and she chased the dog down and I heard a yelp and
a proud prancing Cassie came home.  I called to see if he was ok since I
hadn't seen him in a while - seems they had to take him to the vet for a
bite on his groinal area<LOL>  I tried very hard not to laugh -   Haven't
seen him in about 4 months now. <G>

Alycia