[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new litter ...litter size

  • From: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:45:06 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, it is all well and good Kathy.  You quoted the package insert.........I
wrote what I learned at the seminar, no more no less.  Did not comment
further.

Now, for the record.......I have been told by a vet I trust that it is OK to
use Baytril for the first 10 days after breeding because the embryos don't
implant until later.  (day 17 I think it is)  If the embryos are floating
around in the amniotic fluid they are not exposed to the Baytril.  After they
implant you would run the risk of problems.  So...I've used it for the first
10 days, but that's all, and I'm not trying to tell people what to do either.

Cyndi Flautt

www.carettigsd.com