[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new litter ...litter size

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <lhavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>, <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-l'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 17:04:38 -0700

At the Seminar we attended,  he literally said he could give no reason.  ( I
asked ) <G>
The I.C.S.B.  people we work with in our area were there and they DO believe
that mycoplasma can be a serious concern .......( as do we )   and they told me
it is a
fact that they are seeing an increase in successful pregnancies as a result of
this new
method.
The problem ( to me )  is that it may be solving the problem with the bitches
that
may have mycoplasma to bring them to a successful pregnancy.......but what is
happening to the stud dogs that bred them.
OF COURSE.......the answer likely is that since it IS Dr. Hutchinson and the
I.C.S.B.
people.....it likely that these were not a "natural"  breeding but fresh
chilled shipped
semen and an implant.........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

<The other thing is that Dr. Bob Hutchinson  ( That's "the"  Dr. Hutch ) will
pooh pooh ANY concerns
about myco plasma......and yet at his Seminars now.......HE will tell you that
he recommends that ALL
bitches after being bred be put on 10 days of Baytril  ( no real reason ) and
that the results from that
is that they are having a LOT more success with bitches conceiving and whelping
big healthy litters.>

Dr. Hutchinson gave the education seminar at the National last year. I pulled
out my notes from that
 night...... He stated that a recent study had been done that found that the
use of antiobiotics before
breeding was not helpful, but that Batryl given for 10 days after breeding
increased conception by
 12%. He did not give a reason for the increase, just gave the results of that
particular study.....

Cyndi Flautt
www.carettigsd.com