[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new litter at Pine Hill...

  • From: "Jodi Distilli" <djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:43:44 -0400

Kathy, Pine Hill wrote >Which brings me to the next point....boy there's
nothing like a good brood
>bitch who can conceive with minimal fuss and when the time comes, can lay
>down, have her babies w/ no complications...no?
Okay, I have to share-

Zafra had a litter this summer. All pups sold, but at one point I had 3 waiting
to be picked up by their new people.  Zafra is an awesome mom, and of course
she still spent plenty of time with her babies that were still here. They whelp
and grow up in my "morning room" area of my kitchen.

A friend stopped by with her 3 kids. Zafra was in with her pups. The pups
started getting all silly, play-fighting with each other. We were standing
right there chatting and both watched the whole thing happen.  Zafra was trying
to get them to settle down, I guess, and they weren't listening to her, so she
actually separated them.  She nudged one over to one corner, made another one
go under the chair, third one in the middle. One tried to move; she pushed him
back under the chair. She seemed to be totally serious disciplining.  I guess
that was their time-out.

It was truly one of the more awesome things to get to see, like the other day I
saw a hawk fly in front of my car, swoop down, grab something with its claws
and swoop back up into the air with it. I saw little feet dangling from hawk's
grip. Things in life that are a privilege to see.

Jodi Distilli
www.dinovagsd.com