[ SHOWGSD-L ] new blood for our breed

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:05:46 -0800 (PST)

We in the Miami club are trying to grow our club.  We have an intersted
gentleman who has been working with German dogs for many years.  He has several
V1 dogs and a bitch that he things might work well in our shows.

  He lives in Key West so he is about 2 hours from where we meet.  He is going
to try to make our next meeting and bring some dogs for us to look at.

  He does know that his dogs are not what wins here, but I am doing my best to
keep him from giving up before the dogs have been evaluated by our senior
members and that even if they are not what we are looking for for our dogs that
he may well have dogs that can contribute to the breed here.

  I have strongly indicated that he needs to compare them to our standard and
look for the attributes that do meet our standard before giving up.  I am
hoping that he really does have some good stock, as these dogs would be fresh
blood for us and may well provide positive atributes to our dogs.

  He is not involved in AKC just yet, but we are getting closer to getting him
involved.  He could learn to handle 'our way'.  He works as a trainer and guard
dog trainer.

  I will keep you all posted on his interests.  Gotta run, cabinets are here
and going in my kitchen today!
  Sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's