[ SHOWGSD-L ] new PETA commercial.....

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:12:54 -0800 (PST)

> Take a look at PETA's new TV commercial. Friends in the East say its getting
> PRIME air time: http://www.peta.org/feat/abc/video2.asp

The following is an email I just sent to ABC. I did not send it to PETA, as
they require a sign in including email, phone number, name and zip code. I
Don't think I want them in my neighborhood.....
Dave

?Buy One, Get One FREE
If people who bought dogs from breeders had to face the consequences right
then and there, they'd be a lot more likely to do the right thing and adopt
from an animal shelter instead. No matter how you do the math, buying an
animal from a breeder adds up to killing a homeless animal in an animal
shelter. In this new hard-hitting spot for PETA's ABC campaign, one
unfortunate family figures this out the hard way.?

Let me get this straight?..
The evil breeder is responsible for the murder of a shelter dog and the buyer
of that breeder?s dog shares in that terrible guilt?

Does this mean that the pound dog was not bred? How did it get there, by
Immaculate Conception?

I am a breeder (You probably figured that out early on) and I am very careful
where my puppies go. I also ask in my contract that any dog we place in a home
be returned to us if for any reason it is no longer wanted. And we make sure
that every puppy faces a guaranteed place to live comfortably for life.

But, there are those who allow their mixed breed dogs to wander the streets,
randomly breed, and discard the unwanted puppies at the local pound, and I am
responsible for their lack of responsibility? I am the evil person in this
picture, while those who create the pound overload dance merrily free to exact
another unwanted litter into our world?

Sorry Ingrid, I don?t buy it, nor can I comprehend your spurious logic. I
almost thought at one time that we were allies in attempting to get people to
take responsibility for their pets and to not produce unwanted litters. But, I
guess somewhere down the line we moved away from the love of animals and the
need for human responsibility to the hatred of breeders and the animals they
do take responsibility for. What a sad diversion from an otherwise noble
enterprise.

David Fritsche
High Sierra Shepherds

PS: Dear ABC?
I hope you?ve already figured out that if you run this ad, you are dead in the
water with all animal lovers everywhere, and the sponsors who supply them with
all of their food and supplies.