[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: need valid bloat protocol info - ER nightmare yesterday !!

  • From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:12:11 +0000 (UTC)

HUH.............Dogs that are bloating need to be taken care of IMMEDIATELY.
It is just that simple. Elway and Harley both bloated at 10-1/2 years old. I
got them both to the ER within minutes of noticing the problem. my dogs all
live in the house so they are with me all the time. In no more than half hour
tops in each case we were at the ER and they were x-rayed confirming that they
had both torsioned also.  This was at two different times. This did not happen
to both dogs at once. If it was just a case of bloat in your bitch's case why
would the stomach die????  And wht did they not have a conclusive x-ray of
her stomach??? And why was she not worked on immediately???? It seems to me
that they did not think that your bitch was an emergency which she surely was
and took other animals before her. If she dies it will be their fault. How
could a licensed veterinarian not think a case of bloat/possible torsion is not
an emergency!!!!!  This vet should not be practicing veterinart medicine!
Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant