[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: need suggestions for sons dog with bad hip

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, betsylr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:57:20 -0500

I have used Previcox with good, safe results.  It's kinda pricey but you can
get your vet to order the bottle of 60 tablets instead of 30 tablets.

Also, it is very important to keep the dog on the lean side and not too heavy.
Once the pain is under control, daily walks are good, too.  The more you can
keep the dog moving, the better.  Swimming is a good form of excercise if you
have access to a place.

Good luck.

Barb Hively