[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: nationals dinner in OR

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: EJDegen@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:58:52 EDT

Julie:
I beg to differ with you.
We do not make any money off the entries per se, they infact sustain a  small
loss.
Our income (profit) that lets us operate the club for the year has to come
from some where. The Nationals is one of the key sources. We make money off
the seating, the raffles and in this case the dinner, trophy donations are  a
wash. We also make money off the Futurities, Red Book, Web Site and  the
Products Committee.
The positive results of the above let us subsidize other venues. I.E. Money
for WDA, herding, tracking, at times the Review and also operate the  General
& Administration functions of the club etc.
As the elected officer by the membership, who is the focus for  financials,
I'd be happy to meet with any one who wishes to discuss this in  more detail.
We could do it at the 2005 Nationals.
Regards
Bill
_Bill Pfeiffer, GSDCA  Treasurer & I-Net Committee Chair (919-781-4955)_
(http://www.gsdca.org/Noframes/officers.html)

In a message dated 6/10/2005 8:42:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
EJDegen@xxxxxxx writes:

If  the caterer was so reasonably priced, WHY didn't we lower the price of
the dinner for our members, then?  Why should the GSDCA make so much  money
off
the dinner at the expense of our members?  I don't  think the GSDCA  should
LOSE $ on the dinner, but those attending the  dinner should only be  charged
what
it costs for the dinner, not an  inflated amount so the national can  show a
profit.

Julie  Degen

In a message dated 6/9/2005 2:05:01 P.M. Eastern Standard  Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We  made money off  the dinner because he was so reasonably priced (plus the

food  quality was excellent). No one donated any portion of the meals or
the
table gifts (notebooks) or the table decorations.
May I   suggest that if there is a question of this financial nature that you

contact me or look at the financial detail that is on the GSDCA web  site  in
the  secured area.
Regards
Bill
_Bill  Pfeiffer,  GSDCA  Treasurer & I-Net Committee Chair  (919-781-4955)_
(http://www.gsdca.org/Noframes/officers.html)

POST  is Copyrighted 2005.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://www.showgsd.org