[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: nationaloghow

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 04:52:24 -0800

the table is used for little dogs so the judge can "go over" the dog.. check
teeth, testicles, what have you, without having to stoop right to the
ground....just the same as big dogs on the floor..
I would certainly hope the same "rules" would apply..if the dog folds, shows
temperament problems , you can't check the teeth etc you can't put up the
dog..
being on the table is as much a part of the show training for these little
dogs as is standing for exam is for the big dogs. If the dog will not stand
for examine - on a table or on the ground - how can the dog not be dumped???
How he would have reacted on the floor is irrelevant, in my opinion.
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre/jessie.com
Standing @ Stud