[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: national sites~ Again?? & again....& again....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 18:42:12 -0700

The good news is United uses more airports for subsidiary hubs.........like
Denver & Utah with
Chicago being their main hub.
( It IS kennel size...smaller aircraft cannot get a # 500 in their cargo
doors...at least that is what
they tell me.........? ) I have been unable to book a dog on American since
they changed?
Was told twice they would not fly any big dogs.
I have a 4 month old pup I need to fly back East....been interesting to say the
least. <G>
$420.00 for a PUPPY with United in a # 400 crate.
I Think I'll try to place the brother more locally. <G>
This discussion can go on forever....but again....bottom line.....anyone
wanting to fly needs to
speak with someone in Cargo for the destination from them ...and have them
check the aircraft size
and connection time.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

From: On Behalf Of Jen Proud
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: national sites~ Again??

Re the not being to use those hubs...
It isn't because they don't take the kennel SIZE... It's because the total
weight exceeds their maximum limit with kennel PLUS those larger dogs. For
those who have smaller size GSDs, where they total weight under 100#, those
dogs can indeed fly on American.
It seems that Delta or United are the only options of the 3 major airlines I
looked at for those larger dogs who still fit in a size 500 crate...
JP&P

On Monday, August 3, 2015, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This has all been ongoing information.... and discussion... for well over six
years!!!
It was beat to death pretty well for over a week just a week ago in July....?
Also.....I am surprised to see Phoenix Ariz., Miami, Fla. and Charlotte, NC
listed as
connecting Main Hub for flying dogs into!!? Phoenix is main hub for
Southwest and
they have never EVER flown dogs. Miami..? for which airline? Charlotte WAS
for
USAir...but remember USAir quit flying dogs .... right after our National was
there?
When did these become main hubs for dog friendly airlines??? Same with American
( I think ) and that eliminates Dallas Ft. Worth if that is the case. They are
now
America West...
You ALWAYS have to talk to someone in Cargo to actually book a dog for
flight...the
airport specs and agents at the Terminals are no help
Terry is right.
We have to find sites that are drivable or near the very few main hubs....or
both.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx');>
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Terry CochranSubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: national sites

Like I said the ability to fly your dog to a national is no more. It is time to
select national show sites making it possible for west middle east to drive a
reasonable distance every 3 years. If you want to rent a private Jet and attend
every year that is great!! good for you :0)
Terry

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Redacted sender charangsd@xxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','charangsd@xxxxxxx');> for DMARC
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');> > wrote:
Excellent information Jen!! Thank you for looking in the specs!!
Angie Martin
Charan GSD's