[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: national sites~ Again??

  • From: barbara amidon <amidon481@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "proudk911@gmail com" <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx>, "marhaven@suddenlink net" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:45:38 -0400

United no longer sells crates..you. can ship from Miami and ft Lauderdale to an
airport that accepts 500 that is getting harder.Newark nj also accepts

On August 3, 2015, at 8:47 PM, Jen Proud <proudk911@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Re the not being to use those hubs...
It isn't because they don't take the kennel SIZE... It's because the total
weight exceeds their maximum limit with kennel PLUS those larger dogs. For
those who have smaller size GSDs, where they total weight under 100#, those
dogs can indeed fly on American.
It seems that Delta or United are the only options of the 3 major airlines
I looked at for those larger dogs who still fit in a size 500 crate...
JP&P

On Monday, August 3, 2015, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This has all been ongoing information.... and discussion... for well over
six years!!!
It was beat to death pretty well for over a week just a week ago in
July....?
Also.....I am surprised to see Phoenix Ariz., Miami, Fla. and Charlotte,
NC listed as

connecting Main Hub for flying dogs into!!? Phoenix is main hub for
Southwest and

they have never EVER flown dogs. Miami..? for which airline? Charlotte
WAS for

USAir...but remember USAir quit flying dogs .... right after our
National was there?
When did these become main hubs for dog friendly airlines??? Same with
American

( I think ) and that eliminates Dallas Ft. Worth if that is the case. They
are now
America West...

You ALWAYS have to talk to someone in Cargo to actually book a dog for
flight...the

airport specs and agents at the Terminals are no help

Terry is right.
We have to find sites that are drivable or near the very few main
hubs....or both.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx');>

www.marhaven.com

*On Behalf Of *Terry Cochran*Subject:* [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: national sites

Like I said the ability to fly your dog to a national is no more. It is
time to select national show sites making it possible for west middle east
to drive a reasonable distance every 3 years. If you want to rent a private
Jet and attend every year that is great!! good for you :0)

Terry

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Redacted sender charangsd@xxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','charangsd@xxxxxxx');> for DMARC <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

Excellent information Jen!! Thank you for looking in the specs!!

Angie Martin
Charan GSD's