[ SHOWGSD-L ] national moneymakers

  • From: pruett@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:40:18 +0000

From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
>Our income (profit) that lets us operate the club for the year has to come
>from some where. The Nationals is one of the key sources. We make money off
>the seating, the raffles and in this case the dinner, trophy donations are  a
>wash. We also make money off the Futurities, Red Book, Web Site and  the
>Products Committee.

I am pleased to see the raffle given credit for being a national moneymaker.
Donna Cassista (Ariel's mom) and I have done the 50/50 raffle, donating
supplies ourselves, for the past couple of years.  It's quite a bit of work -
as you are working the crowd for a good part of the national and don't get to
see much of the judging at all.  We've not been successful in getting others to
help, not even our friends, as no one wants to spend that much of their
national time tugging on people's sleeves, asking for money, so we've done it
all ourselves. When thank-you's were given out in the Review for those who work
the national, we weren't mentioned (although when Debbie was show chair, the
raffle folks were mentioned).  It's dangerous to give public thank yous without
making sure you include everyone.  I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but it is
disappointing not to be included in acknowledgements, even if the contribution
is a small one.  It does take a village to put on a national...

Anyone want to help us sell tickets this year?

Laurie Pruett