[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: names for a female with go in it

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:59:33 -0400

Well, maybe not for a bitch...but any litter for which the theme is Go
should include an Easy Goer.

   Easy Goer won the Belmont in 1989...keeping Sunday Silence from the
Triple Crown.  He (Easy Goer) was a beautiful thing, too...bright chestnut
with a white star...he is ranked #34 in the Blood Horse's list of the top
100 racehorses of the 20th Century.... in 20 races, he came first 14 times,
was second every other time save one, when he was third.    He was Champion
2-year old in 1988, and in his entire career, never beaten by more than
2-1/2 lengths...there are not many horses in history who can make that
claim.

   When he retired to stud, he was put into the Number One stall at
Claiborne, a stall reserved for the finest and previously occupied by
Secretariat and, prior to that, by the great Bold Ruler.

     Easy Goer also claims the record of the fastest mile EVER run by a
3-year old.   Sadly, he died from a freaky thing.....sort of an anaphylactic
shock.......very weird.

     Still, it's a great name............and it's also a term I've heard all
my life to describe a super moving dog or horse, altho usually spoken by
people from Great Britain........we all know what it means.

    Peggy