[ SHOWGSD-L ] my thoughts on the national

  • From: <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 3:34:07 +0000

i am resending this because i understand something caused a problem with my e
mail
1. Pardon me if I have been quiet on the subject of the national for an entire
week. Had other things on my mind. My cousin Steve and family who live in Lyons
Colorado were trapped with no way to get out and no power for 24 days. Just
this
week I found out they are all ok. THey lost a fence and a road and all their
suppliers but the house and animals horses cats and dogs are all fine. I came
back with the National crud and a terrible earache which is just beginning to
calm down.
2. I loved the sod great for exhibitors to walk on, hated the lighting which if
anyone had asked me about I could have had corrected(buddy Jen Tipton has won 5
tonies for lighting). I knew almost all the dogs so for me there was not much
new. There were some top dogs not at the National which would have been nice
but
there were handler conflicts.
3. Gloria Birch did one of the greatest judging jobs I have ever seen at the
National. She obviously loved doing it and loved the dogs. Besides looking
great
and having great taste(that purple dress was to die for) she put on a great
show
for the exhibitors which started to be copied better late then never. I could
follow her with ease and loved all of her class winners. There is no substitute
for experience. And that wonderful happy smile was a pleasure to see.

4. There were plenty of mix ups like the hospitality which showed up two hours
early then scheduled and of course that really long days judging took them all
the way to seven. I went in at five and they refused to serve us. Never got
anything to eat. That was the story of my weekend. I missed all of the meals
because I had dogs to take care of. But the folks in the arena who sold food
kept making me fresh decaf and feeding me breakfast which was really good so i
guess it balances out.
5. Sat with various different people from all over the country but especially
enjoyed sitting and talking with Butchie Loeb.The stalls were great and I got a
great parking spot every day. I would like to thank very personally three real
professionals JR, Trisha and Sheryl Brockett for making my dogs both beautiful
and happy both outside and inside the ring. I would also like to thank Art
Sinclair for helping to double the new puppy.(cousin to the BEst Puppy)his
advice and sheryls were appreciated.
6. Since I was on call in Obedience on Thursday I had to run back and forth all
day. So that was tiring.In fact by saturday night I was so exhausted I just
went
home. I was very happy for Sandy Anderson who I nominated for the Lloyd
Brackett
way back in 07.  Denise finally had her grand victrix and Holly looked good.
Lois had her Best Puppy very well deserved.My particular favorites were SELENA,
RUMORS and Nadine Paquins breeding program. She is also Canadian...
7. Well thats it for now from NOrma & the dogs Am Can GCH Harvey, THirteen club
Melody(who spent the week at Joes Spa) and Halley the newcomer.
Christopher Columbus said JO
norma hansburg
www.normahansburg.com
norma hansburg