[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: my reply

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <culzeans1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 09:36:04 -0600

> Are you kidding me? So what the heck do we have a standard for? what the heck
> am I spending my money on? Then a champion is only a dog who the judge
> thought the faults weren't as bad as the other dogs..

Hold on, I don't think that is how the original post said it..

If you have a good dog with a few faults, but some excellent virtues - good
shoulders, fabulous sidegait or whatever - your dog would win because the
faults he has are less than the others and he has more worthwhile virtues that
would be an asset to the breed...

Unfortunately, what we also have are quite a few fault finders because nobody
knows how to appreciate virtues! Faults are easy, virtues are not - because
that would actually mean that you should  know something about dogs and
standards. I am not saying all judges are this way.

AND in some entries - it comes down to figuring out who has the fewest or least
bothersome faults... Most entries are not SO deep in quality that judges have
the option of picking virtues...

And we still need standards.... now if people would read them and understand
them...

Jessica MacMillan
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/