[ SHOWGSD-L ] my own private idaho

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: germanshepherds4show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:34:43 -0500

 It has been a week since I got back from this years National=2E A very =

busy week and the National seems to have been a long time ago=2E I wish I=
 =

had something new to report but things were pretty much the same=2E

 It was pouring down rain when Penny and I left New York=2E The flight =

was delayed two hours and the plane was incredibly cramped=2E In fact I =

can not remember a stingier flight=2E American/Chattaqua has this plane =

with one seat on one side=2C two seats on the other and an aisle that you=
 =

had walk in sideways=2E They served us one cup of liquid and no food not =

even a peanut=2E For this privelege we paid fifty dollars more then my =

last flight to Saint Louis=2E

Things got better when we arrived=2E Although everything was closed it =

was so late at night=2E However the baggge got down fast the courtesy car=
 =

was fast and the rental car pickup even faster=2E I actually checked into=
 =

my motel by midnight so I did not turn into  a Pumpkin=2E

I like the La Quinta=2E They are very Dog friendly there=2E I had
 a great room=2C a good nights sleep and got to the first days events in =

time to see the first class=2E This was good=2E I found my assigned seat =

which was right next to Jerry Guzman=2E This was also a good thing=2E Sat=
 =

with a whole group of West Coast people=2E Got to talk to Yolanda which =

turned out to be very interesting=2E We were sitting in the far corner of=
 =

the bitch side of the ring=2E

Found my handlers Motor Home with no trouble=2E He was parked four spaces=
 =

down from the Fasanos=2E My dog was delighted to see me=2E And i took him=
 =

back to the room for that night as was previously planned=2E I found the =

two hour delays that day tiresome and annoying=2E Just as annoying as the=
 =

grab fest in the =93Hospitality room=94=2E

Thursday was better=2C and faster and we had a great party in the bar =

before the annual meeting=2E All the usual suspects were there=2E The Eas=
t =

Coast gang=2C Both Dannys Dean=2C Ed=2EJoan=2C linda=2C Marilyn =2C Trish=
a and =

somehow Bob eaton=2E Same room and almost the same faces as four years =

before=2E The
 Meeting was Ok except for the Commercial which i skipped=2ESpent the =

next hour in Helen Gleasons room reviewing some old tapes on DVD which =

I brought for her=2E

Friday was fast but boring=2E We showed  and it reminded me of show and =

go obedience=2E Someting very common on the west coast=2E I wore the =

sweatshirt i bought from Sally which was very warm and just hit the =

spot=2E I managed to get away with only spending five dollars at Mesdags =

table which I think is quite a feat=2E=2E

I checked out of my Motel on Saturday morning and got to the =

Showgrounds in time for the Opening Ceremonies=2E Watched all of the =

Specials bitches=2C went to the Gold Page Luncheon where I talked to =

Gloria and Cappy who said she thought we had known each other forty =

years=2E Liked the souveniers=2E Lost my catalogue=2C forgot to puck up m=
y =

Calendar=2EWatched the dogs=2E Cheered for Elmo and Army and lost my voic=
e=2E =

Elmo was a gentleman=2E he looked at his sister and said =93ladies first=94=

Enjoyed the dinner=2E Practically the best me
al i have ever had at a National=2E Finally met MarciaHadley=2E Was happy=
 =

for the Fosters=2E loved the dessert=2E Pat Brown makes the best Peach =

Cobbler I have ever tasted=2E this was almost that good=2E All they need =
to =

do is get rid of reserved seating at the dinner and it would be =

perfect=2E You meet people at a National and it would be nice to sit and =

talk to them over dinner=2EWe used to be able to do that=2E =

Gave Ed and Carmen a big hug=2C met Libby and Nancy after all these =

years=2E Took off for the motor homes to kiss my dog goodbye=2E He was no=
t =

going to be home until Tuesday=2EReturned the rental car=2E Sat and went =

over my films=2E Took the shuttle to the airport where the funniest thing=
 =

happened=2E =

I had gone into the bathroom where I brushed my teeth combed my hair =

and went to use the facilities=2E As I was sitting there a phone suddenly=
 =

rang=2E The lady in the next stall was getting a phone call=2E The visual=
 =

image of this completely cracked me up=2E I guess i was a little slap =

happy by this time=2E

Ran into Evan and Kenny who were catching the first flight out to =

California=2E Hooked up with penny and no delays this time=2E Flight home=
 =

was great=2E No delays we got in half hour early and the plane was almost=
 =

empty so we had plenty of room to stretch out=2E And that is about that=2E=
 =