[ SHOWGSD-L ] my new bitch

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 16:56:17 EDT

i picked up lilly yesterday.  she's a really feminine black and reddish gold,
beautiful head, eyes a little on the light side, plush coat, iron back, nice
tight feet, great shoulder layback, moderately angulated, great croup and i
could go on and on about how nice she is!
i don't know who her breeder is. i don't know who her owner is.  i picked her
up from animal control where she's been sitting for a month.  she's terrified
of me, of my dogs, cats, squirrels, weird air currents - ANYTHING that moves.
 i pushed her hard to see if she would snap at me - never did.  took her to
the vet - she's full of whip and hook but, thank heavens, HW negative.  lilly
was picked up as a stray, wearing an old leather collar with a piece of frayed
rope attached.  she's about 3-4 years old.

to be blunt, it makes me sick.  this is a decently bred bitch who has been so
terribly beaten into submission i don't know if she can be brought back to a
happy and secure enough dog to be adoptable.  i'll give 6 months to lilly and
pray for the best.  right now, she is miserable - life is something to be
feared.

if you see a stray gsd, PLEASE try to help.  if you can get one out of a
shelter and into a good home, please do.  if you can't do it yourself, please
help
support those who do.  lilly is NOT unique nor is she the first i've had with
these problems.

i decided to call this bitch lilly - she didn't even have a name.

diane - mississippi valley gsd rescue
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras