[ SHOWGSD-L ] my dogs a hero

  • From: v Christiane Rudolf <crudolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:38:19 -0500

Ok, here is my story.  Years ago I had a wonderful GSD named Prince who was=
 one of the smartest dogs I have ever owned.  He was a stray that we adopte=
d, a purebred and one with a wonderful temperament.  He would not hurt a fl=
ea and was great with everyone.  There was just one problem, he was a year =
old and had never barked.  We were beginning to think there was something w=
rong with him.  One day I took off on a trip with him in the back of the st=
ation wagon--this was before everyone had dog crates, so he was loose.  It =
got late and I got tired and decided to take a nap at a rest stop.  I laid =
down in the back of the station wagon and promptly fell asleep.  I may have=
 been asleep for half an hour or so when a sudden and very loud noise woke =
me from my deep sleep, and being somewhat groggy, I hit my head on the roof=
 of the car.  Turns out the noise I heard was my dog barking loudly because=
 a man had come a little too close to the car.     After that I never feare=
d going anywhere, even late at night with Prince because I knew he would de=
fend me.--
Christiane Rudolf,
Tanglewood Farm,
 German Shepherds,=20
Alpacas and a working/show Anatolian Shepherd