[ SHOWGSD-L ] my beginnings

  • From: "Iza Ackerman" <izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 18:43:28 -0500

I have been very lucky to have bred some beautiful sound dogs.  In the
beginning, (you know, when Moses crossed the red sea â?? is that the way it
went ????) I just went to dog shows and was just awed at all the beautiful dogs
(German Shepherds, that is).  I never even thought to criticize them.  I stayed
quiet and tried to learn.  My first quality GSD came from a â??German Lineâ??
breeder, and he never encouraged me to show (he was a little jaded), but I
learned a lot from him about feeding and behavior.  I did show him, BTW, and
though I never got a point on him, he did either win or place in his class, and
I was thrilled and hooked.
I truly do not understand someone criticizing our dogs that has a German
Shepherd and professes to love the breed.  As far as people from other breeds
criticizing, they are just jealous â??meaniesâ?? that would like you to get
THEIR breed and show it or breed it.  I really believe that.  I pay no
attention to them â?? they do not know what they are talking about and I
donâ??t have the patience to talk to them, because:  bottom line:  they are
jealous, and want everyone to love their breed, and not any other, and probably
criticize other breeds as well.

Iza Kabuska
www.Karizmashepherds.com

who will, one day, update her website