[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mutts/shame

  • From: pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, mobilegrmr@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:12:08 EST

No site, I was commenting on:

On Mon,  Jan 18, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Paula Cooke  <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> BTW....If someone  comes up to me and asks where to buy a  top obedience
prospect GSD  puppy from, I don't have a clue where to send  them!!  I
don't
know ANYONE who SUCCESSFULLY breeds GSD's for  consistently good  WORKING
ABILITY!!!

I know someone!  But you  aren't  going to see any of these dogs in the
breed  ring.

But OK, now I went to look.  And the lady is right; you won't see them  in
the breed ring.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 1/19/2010 10:46:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Gee I  didn't think the dogs on that site were that ugly. The training on
any dog  tells you more about the owner than the dog.
A serious trainer will go to  where he is most likely to find a dog that
will work. A conformation breeder  will go to proven producer that produces
the style of dog he likes.   There is nothing wrong with that.  We all know
that we placed the  temperament test in the conformation ring for a very good
reason.

Terry