[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: movement/ levers

  • From: Bill Basu <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxx, RockyLizard@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:21:56 -0700 (PDT)

The "fake loose lead" is created by starting out the dog on the tight lead with
the dog pulling against the lead creating the illusion that the dog has rear
drive, once the dog/handler have created a lot of momentum as a result of the
dog pulling against the lead, the handler takes the tension of the lead for a
very short time and uses the dogs momentum for the dog to continue to move
forward. The handler can only take this tension off for a few steps as the dogs
momentum will only carry the illusion of continued movement for a few
steps(unless of course the dog is well constructed and can continue). The end
result is you get a dog on the loose lead for 5 steps and look at the judge and
say VOILA! i gave you the loose lead.
Bill

From: "Bill Basu" <billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>