[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: movement - according to the Standard

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

I'm hesitant to respond as I don't want to beat a subject to death, but just
one more question (which may be followed by a follow up question <g>).

Perhaps I'm generalizing when I say extreme because obviously the statement
below by Evan is true.

Maybe by using part of the last paragraph of the Standard I can point out where
I have questions.

The Standard - "The dog does not track on widely separated parallel lines, but
brings the feet inward toward the middle line of the body when trotting, in
order to maintain balance. The feet track closely but do not strike or cross
over."

This to me is single tracking isn't it?

The Standard - "Viewed from the rear, the hind legs function from the hip joint
to the pad in a straight line."

Okay I have an idea what this should look like in my mind but can someone
please explain what exactly this means because this line more so than any other
would eliminate all dogs with their hocks twisting to and fro as they move,
from the judges consideration and I say eliminate only because the Standard
says that any faults in movement should be considered very serious faults.  I
believe it is the only time that it refers to something as a VERY serious fault.

Thanks for the responses.

Cindy

ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

If a dog moves with proper movement from the front, rear and side, it is a
correct German shepherd, (in movement), no matter how extreme you may think it
is or is not.

Set your target as the standard, and you can then strive to hit it, and when
you do, decide that is proper as to the angles on that animal.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original