[ SHOWGSD-L ] most beautiful email from person who has 1 of my dogs--

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:52:36 -0400

I am still teary eyed after reading this and I just HAD to share it with the
list--is ok with her so I am sending this to all of you.
It scared me at first-cause I thought the worst--but this is just absolutely
beautiful !? This boy's name is "Cheradon Erynbrook's Copyrite"? aka "Copy" and
he is now 11 years old.? A gorgeous red sable who I placed in the most fabulous
home anyone could ever ask for with a wonderful loving "mom".? I just got this
email from her-havent heard from her in many months.
Cheri Hunt
Cheradon
below is the email I received:

A sad story, but Copy is my hero.

?

In Copy's twilight years, I am amazed every day at the awesome attitude of my
best friend. Those eyebrows and thoughtful, dramatic?face arent just cute, but
his way of communicating everything. He is so full of character.

?

True to his breed, he paces the perimeter every day. Slower these days?but
still proud, he has such a regal stance about him. He seemed agitated this
morning tho. I thought well, with the better weather the neighbor hood kids are
around more back behind the fence....they occasionally muster a big, almost
terrifying?'woof' from him, but mostly it is a serene quiet place here. He was
never a big 'barker'.

?

But something was off. He just would not?come in. Instead he is chasing my big
yellow cat.....Boomer has always been an outdoor cat (despite all my
best?efforts to keep him inside). Copy and Boomer are
normally?inseparable.....so for Copy to bother Boomer was very weird.

?

SO I am calling and calling....Copy wont come in the house....OK maybe he wasnt
done doing his business.?So I let him stay out for a few more minutes.

?

Checking later I see him lying down, his head on his paws. I call him, nothing.
As I approach I see something in the grass just?in front of him. His big brown
eyes were sad and his eyebrows frowning. I am closer?and hear him
whimper....now I can see his concern. He gets up and paces between me and the
tiny lifeless baby bunny. Another fresh cat-kill....uuuggghhh. Copy leans down
and nudges it with his nose and looks straight up at me....."Mommy can you fix
it"? Yeah, I know dogs cant speak, but they do talk. Out of the corner of my
eye I see a flash of yellow near the shed. Copy barking again at Boomer....darn
cat. Busted!

?

And you were worried he might be 'prey aggressive'? Maybe 'Lassie' has been
re-reincarnated in our Copy! Just thought I would share.?

?

Wish we were younger, we would train to become a rescue team. Hope all is well
by you.

?