[ SHOWGSD-L ] more on the latest health care proposal...

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 20:33:32 -0500

Under the latest proposal, the government, through the Secretary of Health,
will decide who gets what treatment at what cost and will force rationing
through an artificial scarcity on all people, particularly the elderly.  And
it still has such high premiums for young uninsured people that it will
compete with student loans for the honor of being the
number one headache.

I don't object to Medicare except that it was not optional...we HAD to take
it.  Even if we don't use it, we pay for it.
On top of our individual plans, I might add....with no recourse if we didn't
want it.  And the cost is going up in January, for those of you who didn't
know...and it will keep on going up until the whole program is bankrupt...by
which time many will have suffered from lack of medical care anyway.

I guess it sounds great to provide a great public health service...problem
is, we don't have it now and we won't have it with this bill.  If it was
going to be so great, why won't our legislators be forced to have it?  They,
of course, will be exempt.  Yeah, it's great, all right.  In your dreams.

Peggy