[ SHOWGSD-L ] more on question on preg bitches not eating

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:25:50 -0400

Ok--thanks for all the feedback-I figured it was probably from "morning
sickness"--and I have had bitches do this before-but not for over a whole
week.? Makes me nervous-she is NOT skinny-in fact-she is at a good weight for
getting preg-was before and still is now-but it makes me nervous cause I
certainly dont want the puppies not getting all of what they need and not
developing normally.
She is very active and to the best of my knowledge is very healthy.? she looks
great-but to make a long story short-this bitch is a sweetheart--but she is 5
1/2 years old-and this is her first litter.? I have bred her about 6 different
heats and she never got pregnant-maybe wrong timing or something-so I figured
this was my last shot, I would try just this last time and never again cause I
wouldnt breed her (a maiden bitch) after this due to her age.??
?
I really didnt think she would take this time either so now I am suprised that
she actually IS pregnant.? Now I have to deal with the not eating and I guess I
am just worried cause I certainly dont want any problems with her or the pups.
Oh...............? the life of a breeder................it sure has its ups and
downs--and frustrations--and excitments--why do we do this???
Cause we love the GSD and are so exhilerated when we have a nice healthy litter
of gorgeous pups.? I guess thats it.
I cant wait to see them.

Oh--by the way--these babies will be GENEVA grand kids.? ;-)? ;-)? ;-)
their daddy is Maggie Marshall's ?Geneva son and their mommie is my Ch. Mikey's
sister.
They will definately be black and REDDDDD? cause both parents are richly
colored black and red.
;-)
Cheri