[ SHOWGSD-L ] more information needed

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LIST <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:04:36 -0400

What is needed is the name of the single, solitary Board Member who did
not vote in favor of this new AKC deal.

The rest of them should be shunned...the one great thing we learned from
the Amish...how to shun.  Turn your back -- don't acknowledge that the
person exists....
don't speak their names.........sort of like "he who shall not be named
on this list."  Only more so, of course!
    The entire structure of the AKC organization needs to be torn apart
now and reconstructed.            I realize that this is a wildly
impractical idea...but this is the organization that oversees everything
we do in dogs.  They register our animals, they approve the shows and
the judges, they make the rules we must play by...but it's beginning to
be a bit too much like the fox in the henhouse, because it has become
increasingly clear that the AKC doesn't care about us, or about the
dogs.  The AKC is all about money...ethics be damned except as it
pleases the AKC, which means only for some.      Many of us have known
for years that the AKC sees us all as equal, but of course, some are
more equal than others.  Now, if AKC goes ahead with this contract with
Petland, the game is to Hunte/Petland, and the rest of us can sit at
home and fry ice.
       It has nothing at all to do with providing enough puppies to fill
the demand, which was the song the AKC sang when it was trying to get us
to swallow Hunte...well, Hunte is a done deal.  Does anyone think that
the AKC is going to back out of this latest deal?  I don't.  The front
men for the AKC may spout some sweet talk yet, to make us think they've
thought better of it...but don't buy it.  This is another case of money
talking and ethics and ideals walking...........

    When Emilie wrote about a friend of hers in another breed who had
arranged to sell all the puppies she could breed to Petland, I thought
"Now there's a great idea!"  Now I just have to decide what breed is
easy to breed and whelp, and maybe I can do it, too.  I wonder what they
pay for a litter, don't you?  After all, if you can't beat 'em, you join
'em, don't you?  Isn't that how it's done?  Why bother seeking perfect
homes, when you can take the money and run home to breed another litter
of gooberhounds...
Petland will buy all you can produce, and you probably don't have to
keep them long enough to give them their first vaccines!  Sounds good to
me!  Of course, I'm not serious...but does anyone want to bet how many
other breeders will do just what Emilie's friend is doing?  I can think
of a whole bunch of names who are likely to do it...
not necessarily GSD people, but dog people, nonetheless.  After all, why
not?  If AKC is dealing with brokers (because a pet shop is a broker, no
matter how you look at it) then why shouldn't the constituents of the
AKC deal with brokers?  They're only dogs, after all...............

    The whole thing just makes me sick.

Peggy