[ SHOWGSD-L ] more Observances

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 20:32:12 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/2/2014 5:08:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

but  accept them and move forward by improving even more on the GSD  Breed.
  Going backwards sure won't help.

I have to agree with Carolyn. Let's make locked hocks a  disqualification.
I would also like to say a roached back is a very  serious fault, as it
bothers me.  Can't we disqualify a dog for missing  teeth?  And, what about
getting rid of curly tails, by making it a  DQ.

I also would DQ any dog that drags a foot, and I want to DQ any dog with
light eyes.

Let's have more teeth in our standard, and get down to only perfect dogs.
It is the standard that will help improve our breed, not the breeders. The
breeders can't be trusted to breed good dogs. We need to force what is
right,  and stop trusting others to do the right thing.

Also, I want to limit the height of judges. Some of the judges are just
over sized. I say, no males over five foot 9, and none under five foot two. As
 for women, let's limit them to five foot, and nothing under four foot ten.
  It isn't good for the breed as a judge too tall in looking down on our
dogs, and  a short woman can't see over a tall German shepherd to see the
other dogs.

We need more faults, limited judges, and rules to force those irresponsible
 individuals who aren't breeding perfect dogs from being allowed to
continue  to do so.  They are going to destroy the future of our breed.

And, stop anyone from serving on the board that wants to do so. That alone
should be a disqualifying fault.

Off with their heads.

Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html