[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: more NIS

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:13:02 -0400

Right with you on that one, Kathy.  If I wanted someone to design me an
ultra-modern home (heaven forbid!) I sure wouldn't go to an architect
who specialized in designing homes that could have come from the last
century...and vice versa.
    The architect, the engineer, or the artist hired (note that...hired)
is an employee of the person or group doing the hiring and is bound to
deliver what the employer wants, not to present his or her own opinions
and then say "take it or leave it."  If the committee asked for what
they got, then the committee is wrong.  If the committee left to to the
artist to decide what was right, again, the committee is wrong.  The
committee is bound by an obligation to the breed and to the Standard for
that breed to demand drawings that represent the dog as wanted, not as
the artist wants.
Peggy
mmmmmmmmm.......nah.