[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: more Eggplant

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:40:54 EDT

I love grilled eggplant, makes a wonderful veggie sandwich, w/ balsamic
roasted red onions, roasted peppers, provolone and grilled portabella mushrooms

on a crusty roll....heaven...or grilled and stacked w/ a perfect tomato slice,
gray salt and fresh mozzarella w/ a balsamic basil vinaigrette (use a sprig
of rosemary as a skewer).

I make extra when I grill eggplant and then I have some to mince finely w/
capers, grilled portabella and olive oil to top garlic rubbed toasted bread for
 bruschetta or I'll roll the grilled eggplant up w/ some ricotta and bake w/
(just a little) sauce and top it w/ mozzarella....

When the farm stand is overloaded, I'll just slice it and layer in a
casserole w/ more tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, top w/ peppery olive  oil,
panko
breadcrumbs (to sop up the juices), and a lot good grated cheese  and black
pepper....because panko really needs a heavy hand w/ seasoning...what  an easy
supper w/ some good crusty bread!

I need to stay away from the farm stand, the fridge is full  <G>.  I made
enough zucchini the other day to feed an army....

Cantaloupes were $1, and I finally did some on the grill...I have a dry rub
w/ chili, lime & sea salt, mixed a pinch w/ honey and drizzled the grilled
cantaloupe...WOW! Who knew?

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 8/24/2008 5:54:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rthunder@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

HI,
Joan is on the list,, her e-mail is jo_elsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Since I  brought it up, Joan asked me to type it.  This is Joan's  recipe.

JO-EL'S German Shepherds

Eggplant cut into 1/2 inch  round pieces, skin and all
3-4 eggs scrambled
4 C's seasoned  breadcrumb
Extra virgin Olive oil

dip eggplant into eggs than into  crumbs, put in already heated oil, Joan
says not to hot, I have electric so I  cooked mine on 4-5, than after 3
mintues,
I poked them several time with the  fork, per Joan to let out steam out, turn
when brown and let cook until brown  on other side.  Joan says no paper towels
because it's olive oil and  believe it or not, it's not greasy.  I did not
add any salt or pepper  since breadcrumbs are already seasoned.

you can cook the fried  green tomatoes the same put don't poke them.

If I forgot  something Joan will let you all know.

POST  is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE -  www.showgsd.org

deal here.