[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mentors

  • From: Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx
  • To: BNBGSDS@xxxxxx, f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jaimiegsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:21:27 EST

I was very fortunate to have had a number of old timers as mentors. It seems
like just yesterday that i was trying to gleen gems of information from Mary
Kirtland of Scotmar Shepherds,Barb Williams of Santana Shepherds,Phil and
Bertie Friedberg,Philberlyn Shepherds,Ray and Adele Johnson,Del Rey
Shepherds,Ruth
Schreifer and a few others. They were all very willing to freely share their
experience and knowledge. I try to be as helpfull to the new people of today as
my mentors  were with me . Unfortunately some of the new people seem to think
they know everything there is to know about our breed in just a very few
years. Maybe i'm just a slow learner, but i consider it a wasted day if i don't
learn something new every day and on some days i even learn something from a
newbie.     Bud