[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mentors

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx, BNBGSDS@xxxxxx, f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jaimiegsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:06:34 EST

In a message dated 12/01/2004 6:24:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Gsdjudge@xxxxxxx writes:
> I try to be as helpfull to the new people of today as
> my mentors  were with me . Unfortunately some of the new people seem to
> think
> they know everything there is to know about our breed in just a very few
> years. Maybe i'm just a slow learner, but i consider it a wasted day if i
> don't
> learn something new every day and on some days i even learn something from a
>
> newbie.    Bud

Bud,

Since I have been in GSD's I have always found you to be a friendly,
knowledgable person and a gentleman as well.   I hope you will always continue
share your expertise.  The problem you see in some of the newbies is not just
an
attitude involving the dog world.  It is the "new" generation.  I see the same
attitude in my job.  But, it doesn't mean they don't learn something, even if
they won't admit it.  I must be getting old too because I share your
philosophy.  (Not that you're old : )  There are always things to learn and one
of the
reasons I am on this list is to learn as much as I can.  And to share what I
have learned with others.

Hey, isn't it time to talk about the Standard and structure and movement
again?

Laura Thomas
CA
www.treasureranchgsds.com